2023 NSFA Scholarship
Scholarship Description: A $4,000 scholarship will be awarded to each of three outstanding graduating high school seniors. This is a renewable two-year scholarship, paying $2,000 the first year and $2,000 the second year for a total of $4,000 per recipient.
Criteria for award:
• Resident of Nassau County
• Plan to attend a 2- or 4-year college or university as a full-time student
• Financial need
• GPA, SAT/ACT scores will be considered
• Extra-curricular activities and community service hours will be considered
• Must complete a one- to two-page typed essay in response to the following questions: Why do you plan to attend college? What are your goals for the future? Why do you think you would be a good recipient of this scholarship?
• Additional consideration will be given to students who exhibit an interest in marine biology and/or participation with NSFA as members or volunteers at events.
• To renew, recipient must have satisfactory completion of freshman year in college with a minimum GPA of 2.5, and must submit a letter of request along with an official transcript of first years grades and fee slip for upcoming semester to NSFA Scholarship Committee at the address listed below.
Instructions to the applicant:
Place the completed application form in an envelope with the following:
• Two referral letters - one from a high school faculty member and one from an employer, community leader or family friend.
• One- to two-page essay
• High school transcript
• Proof of financial need
To be eligible for consideration for the current year, all completed applications with all required forms and information included, must be postmarked by April 21, 2023.
Please mail to:
Nassau Sport Fishing Association
Attn: NSFA Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 16417
Fernandina Beach, FL 32035Note: Recipients and their families will be invited to attend a Nassau Sport Fishing Association monthly social meeting to receive their scholarships pending notification of enrollment in college.
Please download the application in PDF format.